Product and Industrial Designer (m/f/d)
We are looking for you to augment our team. Position is to be filled immediately.
Schaeffler Bio‑Hybrid GmbH headquartered in Nuremberg and Munich is a fully owned subsidiary of the Schaeffler Group. As a pioneer in the field of electric mobility, Schaeffler presented the Bio‑Hybrid product category as a vision for private transportation in urban areas as early as in 2016. This vision is now becoming reality. Schaeffler Bio‑Hybrid GmbH has the mission to develop the Bio‑Hybrid to production level and to launch the vehicle on the market. While operating with the flexibility of a startup, the company has access to the entire technical expertise of the Schaeffler Group.
- Possibility to design the future
- State-of-the-art work environment in dynamic surroundings
- Role with high responsibility and ample room to maneuver
- Trust-based leadership culture and state-of-the-art working conditions
Your key responsibilities
- You create design drafts, sketches of ideas, design concepts and support the industrial and design process from the initial idea through to production
- You assume joint responsibility for the entire design language of Schaeffler Bio‑Hybrid GmbH and serve as the interface between the marketing, sales and vehicle development departments
- You determine form, surface, material and color, considering ergonomic, functional and economic aspects and manufacturing feasibility
- You design the styling and operating concept for the Bio‑Hybrid
- You serve as a consultant to the departments in all design-related matters such as color coordination, surface textures, etc.
- Degree in product and industrial design
- Solid skills in CAD modeling, e.g. SolidWorks or CATIA, and in creating visualizations in Adobe CC, CD X5 and/or KeyShot
- Solid technical skills in using relevant languages, tools and operating systems such as Linux, Node.js, PHP, commonly used databases
- Extensive professional experience in an agency or internal design department, including prior experience in supporting a product from the initial idea/sketch to volume production
- Proficiency in sketching and visualizing ideas and concepts
- Keen sense of aesthetics & design and technical understanding
- Enthusiasm for new mobility concepts and their applications and trends
- Experience in manufacturing technologies (e.g. plastic injection molding, metal processing) desirable
- Team-focused and independent working style
- Skills in design thinking, idea development, concept design, user experience, design methodology
- Very good verbal and written command of English
We look forward to your application!
For questions about this job opportunity, please contact:
Phone +49 911 91 94 76 98